Recently I was faced with 4 different BlackBerry devices that received a white screen 603 error or error 507 after the carrier pushed out an upgrade. The solution provided to me by the vendor did not resolve the issue.
To fix it, I ran the JL_Cmder.cmd against the device, selected option number 5) resettofactory (see the screen shots below). Once completed, all the user data and IT Policy are wiped. I then had to recover the OS and was able to successfully reactivate the BlackBerry and restore with the backup files. Prior to running the .cmd, be sure to backup and save your data to your Backup files:
- Connect the BlackBerry with the USB cable.
- If you did not already install FREE RIM BlackBerry Desktop Software, go to http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html and install the software in order to Backup up all the data on the device.
- Once you have any data you would like to restore saved within your Backup file you are ready to run Execute
- Follow the screen prompts and enter the password if the device has one currently
- Select 5) resettofactory
- You will be prompted with the following screen that you are about to reset the device to factory settings. Click (Y) for yes.
- Once this has completed, follow the onscreen steps to recover the OS and reactivate the BlackBerry.
Wanda Bannerman is the Mobile Architect for JHC Technology. She can be reached at wbannerman(at)jhctechnology.com.