I have been building solutions for clients using SharePoint 2010 (beta) for internet sites and I need to upgrade to SharePoint 2010 for internet sites RTM release while still maintaining the security, site collection configuration, and content.
What didn’t work:
- To my knowledge there is no in-place upgrade support for SharePoint 2010 (Beta) to SharePoint 2010 (RTM).
- Stsadmin export of SharePoint 2010 Beta site collection and import beta site collection into SharePoint 2010 RTM. Received random errors during import process to SharePoint 2010 (RTM).
- SharePoint Central Administration backup (Failed during backup operation in SharePoint 2010 (Beta)).
- Content database detach and migration.
What did work:
- Stsadmin backup and restore
- Manually re-configuring SharePoint 2010 Environment
- SharePoint 2010 Server (Dedicated)
- SQL 2008 Server (Dedicated)
- Two Domain Controllers (Dedicated)
- Exchange 2010 Server (Dedicated)
- Office Communication Server 2007 (Dedicated)
- Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0 (Dedicated)
- Server Infrastructure Amazon Web Services Cloud
- SharePoint 2010 RTM software
- Service account that has access to both administrative Access to the SharePoint 2010 Server and the Content Database.
- WSP files of any custom solutions
- Knowledge of SharePoint Stsadm command lines